My Blackcurrant Immune Boosting Smoothie
Morning everyone. I thought I would share with you all my latest obsession in the smoothie world. This is my blackcurrant immune boosting smoothie and it rocks!!
You have probably read about blackcurrants in this month I.E Produce Latest and Greatest article (if not click here) and you’re probably wondering how do I get these super berries into my diet ASAP. I too wondered how to best consume this delicious berry and so I starting having a play around with them in the kitchen and here is my solution.
It’s a creamy and nourishing smoothie, which I am alternating with my Creamy Green Superfood Smoothie, another great morning drink.
I know it’s getting a little bit cold and wintery, so I wanted to give you something to drink that would help to keep you feeling your best and also fight to keep those winter bugs away. My Blackcurrant Immune Boosting Smoothie is I hope, the magic little drink to do the trick!
It really Is a perfect way to help you stay healthy and keep your immune system strong during the Winter season. I know its not ideal to be drinking something cold, when your trying to warm up, but we avid smoothie drinkers all know that no matter what the weather is outside, you still want your morning smoothie. If you just can’t get your head around drinking this in winter, you can always replace the frozen berries with the freeze dried option and remove the ice from the recipe, which might make it easier to drink.
Why My Immune Boosting Smoothie is so good for you:
- It’s full of healthy fats from the nut milk, which keep you fuller for longer. These also make this smoothie a complete meal. I love using almonds for potassium and vitamin E, as well as walnut milk for omega-3’s.
- It’s packed with Blackcurrants and Camu Camu powder which both offer an incredible amount of vitamin C, are immune-boosting and also help to keep your mood’s balanced and stable.
- It’s rich in selenium from the Brazil nuts, which provide you with your selenium quota for the day (did you know it only takes 3 brazil nuts each day to met your needs).
- The Maca powder and chia seeds will help provide you with the energy and endurance you need to face your day.
So if the ingredient list doesn’t seal the deal for you…. no problem because it tastes and looks delicious, which is always key, don’t you think?
I recommend you ditch your normal breakfast and for the next few week’s power through with a berry-luscious immune boosting smoothie.
If you do decide to whip it up, make sure to hashtag #reneesextonwellness so I can take a look or tag me @reneesextonwellness and I’ll be sure to comment and share it on my feed.
Stay healthy everyone. I’ll be back talking to you Monday bright and early ….in your inbox! If you haven’t subscribed to my newsletter yet, just click here, and you’ll be all set to be the first to know what’s to come each week, get a member’s only Wellness Wellness Intention and also hear about special deals and offers.
My Blackcurrant Immune Boosting Smoothie:
Note: The blackcurrants will make this drink super thick so add a little bit more nut milk if you need.
- 1 cup of nut milk
- ½ cup of frozen blackcurrants
- 1 tsp of maca powder
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of camu camu powder (optional)
- 3 brazil nuts
- 1 tsp of almond butter
- 2 kale leaves
Place everything into your blender and blitz on high for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy. Drink immediately or store any leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days.