20 Ways to Use Indah Coconut Oil
If you haven’t guessed already, I’m slightly obsessive when it comes to coconut oil. But in all fairness it does comes with the territory when you’re a Nutritionist and also a Vegan.
I’ve been using coconut oil for years and have found many different ways to add this super-food into my life. You’re likely not as enamored with coconut oil as I am so you may not be aware of all the fun and amazing ways you can use it …. so to help you get up to speed, I’m going to share my 20 best ways to use coconut oil.
I wouldn’t be much of a coconut oil enthusiast if I didn’t have a favourite brand. You may think they all taste and smell the same, but they are actually all quite different. They have different levels of sweetness, smell and colour.
My Favourite Coconut oil:
After many years and trying ALOT of different oils, I found my favourite, the amazing Indah Coconut Oil. If you haven’t heard of Indah before, please go and check them out as they are a seriously a beautiful brand and they source their coconut oil and other coconut products (tea, perfume) all from Bali.
If you do go ahead and order a jar, it will arrive by air from Australia and you’ll soon understand why it is my favourite coconut oil. Indah coconut oil is stored in the most beautiful jar and I love how special this makes it feel and how beautiful it looks on my bathroom counter (definitely better than the oil available from our local supermarket).
Indah Coconut Oil is an amazing product and I have listed below my 20 favourite ways for you to add it into your life.
20 ways to use Indah Coconut Oil
- Coconut Oil Hair Mask/ Conditioner:
- This is a great way to get silky smooth hair. Scoop out 1 tbsp of coconut oil and let it slowly melt into your hands. Once it has melted, massage it into your hair for a few minutes. You can leave it for 5-10 minutes before rinsing it out, or for maximum results, tie your hair up and leave it overnight before washing it out.
2. Oil Pulling
- I occasionally make the time to do some oil pulling, usually when I’m feeling a little run down or if I haven’t made the best food choices during the week. Click here to read my Oil Pulling article.
3. Face Mask
- Mix 1 tsp of coconut oil with 1/2 a mashed banana and 1 tsp of honey for a beautiful and simple face mask to leave your face glowing and healthy.
- I always tell my clients to add a source of fat to their smoothies. This helps to keep you fuller for longer and also ensures that you absorb all of the fat-soluble vitamins from your drink. Add 1 tsp of melted coconut oil to all smoothies to take it to the next level.
5. Face Cleanser
- This is my most favourite way to use Indah Coconut Oil and is something that I tell everyone to do if they want the best skin possible. Read my article here.
6. The Ultimate Superfood Coffee
- By adding 1 tsp of coconut oil to your morning coffee you help to keep your metabolism burning for longer, due to all the MCT’s (medium chain triglycerides) found in coconut oil. It will also help to balance out any of those coffee shakes you might get.
7. A Scoop after Lunch
- Now this one isn’t for the faint hearted but I have a client of mine who has 1 tsp of coconut oil after lunch to prevent over eating and to keep her fuller for longer. Why not give it a go?
8. Daily Moisturiser
- Before you go to bed or after your morning shower, slather your body in coconut oil. This is such a gentle daily moisturiser and it soaks in and leaves you smelling like a tropical holiday. What more could you ask for from a moisturiser.
9. Replacement for Butter
- If you haven’t tried coconut oil on a warm piece of bread you are seriously missing out. This is one of my favourite spreads especially when I top it off with some banana slices.
10. Coffee Body Scrub
- Combine a few tbsp of coconut oil with some grounded coffee beans and you have the best anti-cellulite body scrub you will ever find. An added bonus is you get a little pick me up from the delicious coffee aroma that will fill your bathroom.
11. Roast your Veggies
- This is the only oil that I ever roast my vegetables in. I love using a mixture of coconut oil, paprika and cumin to produce a bowl full of delicious spicy vegetables.
12. Lock in a tan
- After a spray tan or during summer I make sure that I always apply coconut oil all over my body to lock in my tan and make it last longer. Trust me it works every time.
13. Lip Balm
- I love applying a small amount of coconut oil to my lips when they are dry or damaged. It’s such a gentle and natural lip balm.
14. Animal Health
- I had never thought about this until Bacio (my kitten) found some of my coconut oil and began to eat it. Now he can’t get enough and I have to hide the suff from him (definitely my cat huh). Coconut oil is great for your pets, be it for their coats or their joint health and it will also improves their breath.
15. Shaving Rash
- Ever get a red mark after shaving; well a little coconut oil is a great way to soothe the irritated skin.
16. Make up Remover
- This works a charm. I have very sensitive eyes and this is the only product that I can find that doesn’t irate my eyes but which easily removes mascara (even waterproof mascara). Just rub a little over your eyelids while your eyes are closed and then rub off with a warm face cloth.
17. To Coat Homemade Muesli or Crumble
- I use coconut oil to coat my delicious muesli or to help combine my crumble. Since coconut oil has a high smoke point you can get your muesli and crumble nice and golden without damaging the oil and it is so delicious as well.
18. As an Energy Booster
- If I’m lacking in energy I make sure I add coconut oil into my diet straight away to give me a natural boost. I might mix it into my bircher muesli, blend it into my smoothies or stir some into a hot drink.
19. Drizzle over my Fruit
- When I bake pears or want to cook a banana for my porridge, I always use coconut oil as my oil of choice. It tastes amazing and I love getting all those healthy fats into my diet.
20. Soak in the Bath
- I love this bath and I’m sure most of you will as well. Add 1-2 tsp of coconut oil into a warm bath along with 1 cup of epsom bath salts – result; a relaxing and detoxifying bath. Perfect after a hard day.
Now can you see why I love my Indah Coconut Oil so much and isn’t amazing just how useful a single product can be? I used to spend so much money on expensive moisturisers, body scrubs and cooking oils and then I learnt just how amazing and versatile coconut oil is.
I challenge you to purchase a bottle and experiments with at least 5 of my ideas above and so add coconut oil into your life. You’re going to seriously love it, and I’m sure you will wonder how you ever got along with out it.
Note: I am not in any way sponsored by Indah Coconut Oil; I am just an adoring fan who has found a beautiful product that I want to share with you all.